Addicts all? No, but as a “body politic” we sure seem addicted to government.
It should come as no shock to realize that this addiction has hit the industry from which the metaphor arises. Take a look at Townhall.com this weekend. Regular readers may notice that the Common Sense column is an expansion of Thursday’s effort. I hope it’s even more clear, more convincing. The reason to oppose Obamacare is not that Obama approved it, or Pelosi pushed it through. It’s just more of the same-old, same-old, and we really could use a better prescription.
- Lies of Obamacare, Michael D. Tanner (Cato)
- Congress’s Obamacare Waiver, Michael F. Cannon (Cato)
- Obamacare as Big Brother, Michael D. Tanner (Cato)
- The Obamacare Fraud, by Shikha Dalmia (Reason)
- Obamacare Abominations, by John Stossel (FEE)