It’s the Christmas Season. We want to give to the poor. But . . . are some ways more effective than others?
The answer is a resounding Yes.
This has an implication: some ways of helping the poor are disastrous. Self-defeating. Soul-crushing.
This Christmas Season, while the Obama Administration wants you to talk about medical insurance, why not think about giving and receiving and actual human betterment? At the very least, click on over to Townhall.com. And come back here for a few more chunks of holiday wisdom, if not cheer.
- Politifact.com: “Rep. Tom Cole says food stamp spending doubled under Bush, doubled again under Obama“
- Fox News: “Craigslist makes turning food stamps into cash a SNAP“
- USDA Food and Nutrition “Fraud” page
- Washington Post: “Waiting for the 8th,” by Eli Saslow
- Townhall: “A billionaire’s mouth where his money isn’t,” by Paul Jacob