Townhall: Term Limits, Now More Than Ever
A recent poll determined that Illinois citizens are the most restive. That is, more of them than citizens of any other state would leave their state, if their situations allowed.
Why? The weather?
More like the political climate: corruption.
But they are doing something about that. Click on over to Townhall.com for this weekend’s dose of Common Sense. Then come back here to root around the story in greater depth.
- Term Limits & Reform: campaign website
- TIME: A Brief History of Illinois Corruption
- Chicago Tribune: The Madigan Rules
- Chicago Tribune: Madigan ally seeks to derail term limit, remap amendments
- ABC Chicago WLS-TV: Rauner collects ‘more than enough’ signatures for term limit measure
- Chicago Tribune: Quinn now backs term limits for statewide elected officials
- Eric Zorn column: “That term-limits ballot question comes with a potentially big bonus for the winner of this fall’s gubernatorial race. And I don’t think it’s a good idea.”