Over at Townhall, the idea of holding our “public servant” bureaucrats to the same standard we hold all others. Paul Jacob makes the case for doing so, in the course of explaining how cushy our federal government’s employees have it when investigated for workplace wrongdoing.
- GAO Report: Federal Paid Administrative Leave
- Washington Post: Thousands of Federal Workers on Extended Paid Leave
- Human Events: Coburn Reveals Wastebook 2014
- Washington Examiner: Government has paid millions for workers to stay home
- Washington Post: Federal Eye – GOP lawmakers want answers for federal paid leave lasting more than one year
- USA.gov: Benefits, Leave, and Pay for Federal Employees
Surely government workers shouldn’t have special privileges?!?
On the other hand, it wouldn’t be exactly “fair” for the bureaucracy to have to follow the rules, when folks in the Obama Administration and in Congress don’t seem to have to follow any.