Affirmative action isn’t as black-and-white as we were told.
Click on over to Townhall. Come back here for even more shades.
- New York Times: Justice Dept. to Take On Affirmative Action in College Admissions
- CNN: Justice Dept. pushes back on NYT’s ‘race-based discrimination’ report
- CNN: Harvard faces discrimination probe while accepting mostly nonwhite class
- Complaint: Students for Fair Admissions, Inc., v. President and Fellows of Harvard College (Harvard Corporation); and the Honorable and Reverend the Board of Overseers
- American Immigration Center: Asian American History Timeline
- NPR: DOJ Looks Into Whether Harvard Discriminates Against Asian-Americans
- Wikipedia: Grutter v. Bollinger
- Washington Post: Affirmative action based on income
- The Daily Beast: How Affirmative Action Became an Upper-Middle Class Benefit
- TNR: Affirmative Action Fail: The Achievement Gap by Income Is Twice the Gap by Race
- Kids Count Data Center: Children in single-parent families by race
IMAGE: A soap advertisement from the 1880s,
sub-titled ‘The Chinese Must Go’
Credit: Library of Congress