The War on Christmas may be bigger than it seems — seems to some secularists, anyway. Click on over to Townhall. Then come back here for more Horror File material:
- IMdb listing for A Current Affair: “Big W’s Christmas Tree Clanger” (September 21, 2017)
- The Daily Telegraph: “Big W Removes Christmas References from Festive Tree Products,” by Kieran Rooney, Christopher Harris, and Mikaela Day (September 20, 2017)
- National Review: “Australian Retail Giant Removes Mention of Christmas from Christmas Trees,” by Katherine Timpf (September 22, 2017)
- IMdb listing for A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
- RationalWiki: Christophobia
Finally, the Biblical passage referenced in the column is from the King James Version, Matthew 7.3: “And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?” (See also Luke 6.41.)
This column will be published on this site on Tuesday.