The Common Sense mission at Townhall.com this weekend is not to defend Mr. Trump’s actions or statements. I did not vote for him – nor did I vote for the Democrats’ even worse alternative. Like other presidents, I support Trump when he agrees with me and oppose him when he is wrong.
But two eminent, non-crank journalists write in The Atlantic (“Boycott the Republican Party”) that the GOP needs to repent and reform, quickly, or else commit harakiri. So, how far off track is the president and the Republican Party? Click on over. Read; then come back.
- BBC News (video): Donald Trump ‘encourages Russia to hack Clinton emails’
- CNN (video): Federal Judge: Charge Padilla or release him
- Common Sense: Bad Men and Bad Law
- Real Time w/ Bill Maher (video): Glenn Greenwald on Killing al-Awlaki
- The Intercept: Obama killed a 16-Year-Old American in Yemen. Trump Just Killed His 8-Year-Old Sister.
- Wall Street Journal: China Was Bill Clinton’s Russia
- Washington Post: Donor to Clinton Foundation, McAuliffe caught up in Chinese cash-for-votes scandal
- Wikipedia: 1996 United States campaign finance controversy
- CNN (video): Glenn Greenwald on Obama’s War on Journalists
- CNN (video): Glenn Greenwald Roasts CNN Anchor For Not Reporting On Hillary WikiLeaks
- The Nation (video): Jeremy Scahill: Killing Anwar al-Awlaki