In the late 19th century, with the rise of union rioting, socialist agitation, and the anarchists’ “propaganda by the deed,” politics got ugly. Perhaps the reason Progressives came into power through both major parties was as a relief valve to civilize the tide of leftist violence.
We are witnessing this again. The left against resorts to direct action, violence — and so far the right has not been as violent in reaction as one might fear.
Perhaps because of the recent political turn of events, where the progressive cultural hegemony has been shaken and the party most sympathetic to the far left, the Democratic Party, has taken huge hits around the country — losing the majorities in both houses, the Presidency, and many state governorships. They are getting desperate.
Click on over to Townhall. Then come back here for more proof of the left’s dangerous swerve into insurrection and lynch-mob protest.
- Washington Post: Protesters target NRA lobbyist’s home and wife’s business
- Omaha.com: Protester from Lincoln faces charges for vandalism at NRA lobbyist’s home
- Pew Research: Republicans increasingly say colleges have negative impact on U.S.
- Star Herald: UNL professor, teaching assistant need to be terminated
- Campus Reform: State Sen. demands UNL fire prof who ‘berated’ conservatives
- Vogue: How a Mother of Two Ended Up on the Front Lines of the Gun Debate
- Roanoke Pride: Orlando Forgotten by Catherine Koebel Stromberg
- New York Post: This college professor is happy ‘racist’ Barbara Bush is dead
- Denver Post: Fresno State professor bragged she can’t be fired for calling Barbara Bush an “amazing racist” and is happy “the witch is dead”
- UN-L: Patricia Wonch Hill
- Rate My Professor: Gailey
- Rate My Professor: Koebel
And then there is the general problem of radicals preaching revolution on the taxpayer dime.
Caution: you may not consider this NSFW, or church, or the ears and eyes of youngsters:
This column will appear on this site on Wednesday.