Turnstile-hopping just went legit — or nearly so — in DC Metro. For reasons, we kid you not, of race. Read this weekend’s column for details and perspective. Then come back here for more bizarre details from the nation’s bizarro capital.
- Washington Post: D.C. Council decriminalizes Metro fare evasion
- Washington Times: Metro derailed by culture of complacence, incompetence, lack of diversity
- Washington Post: A woman who alleged harassment at Metro was fired. Now, there’s an internal inquiry into its handling of the case.
- Wikipedia: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (website)
- Lexology: D.C. Court Certifies Three Classes In Race Discrimination Class Action Involving Criminal Background
- The American Public Transportation Association:Who Rides Public Transportation?
This column is an expansion of Friday’s Common Sense.