The DC Metro story is going through its predictable stages of decline and folly. The irrational fanaticism of its supporters is the latest stage.
Click on over to Townhall for an expansion of the story covered here earlier this week. Come back here for the usual extra credit.
- Aaron Wiener in The Washington Post: “Metro’s a mess. All the more reason to ride it”
- Aaron Wiener in The City Paper: “In Deadly Metro Incidents, Lessons Learned (and Not Learned)”
- ABCNews.com: “Smoke-Filled Subway Train Leaves 1 Dead, 84 Hospitalized in Washington”
- Washington Post: “1 dead, dozens hurt after Metro car fills with smoke”
- Washington Post: “Radio communication was nonexistent in smoke-filled Metro tunnel”
- WeLoveDC.com: “NTSB Finds Systemic WMATA Safety Issues From Red Line Crash Investigations”
- Paul Jacob at Townhall: “Profits: A Matter of Life and Death”