- USA Today: Shut down costly slush fund
- Club for Growth: The Top 10 Clients of the Export-Import Bank
- Heritage: Mismanagement of Export-Import Bank Invites Fraud
- Washington Examiner: Export-Import Bank costs taxpayers $2 billion a decade
- Club for Growth: Key Vote FY15 Continuing Resolution (H.J.Res. 124)
- Club for Growth: Elizabeth Warren and the Export-Import Bank
...now browsing by category
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Text of President Obama’s Address – Sept. 10, 2014
- Reason: 3 Reasons NOT to Fight ISIS
- Cato: “Defeat ISIS by Letting Syria Loose” by Doug Bandow
- Cato: “Nation Building Isn’t Needed to Fight ISIS” by Christopher Preble
- Washington Post: Can Obama wage war without consent of Congress?
- USA Today: Obama team suspects Syria still has chemical weapons
- Freedom Outpost: Why Is The US At War With Yemen?
- NPR: Are Yemen and Somalia Good Examples of U.S. Anti-Terror Strategy?
- Hot Air: Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire
- Common Sense: The Forgotten Scandal by Paul Jacob
- Washington Post: Hill Votes Pay, Ethics Package by Don Phillips
- Orlando Sentinel: Too Little, Too Late to Defeat Gingrich by Mary Mcgrory
- New York Times: Gingrich Barely Escapes by William E. Schmidt
- Government Executive: House Approves Sixth Consecutive Congressional Pay Freeze by Kellie Lunney
- USA Today: Obama rallies Wisconsin workers at Labor Day festival
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Poll — Majority of Americans back minimum wage hike by Michael A. Fletcher and Peyton M. Craighill
- Forbes: The Minimum Wage Typifies Much That Is Wrong With Washington by Doug Bandow
- Reason: The Washington Post Fact Checker Calls Out Obama by Jess Remington
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette: Raise the minimum wage? by George F. Will
The professors and intellectuals make the case for crime, in the wake of the Ferguson protests and their sideshows. Your Sunday dose of Common Sense at Townhall.com takes on these “experts.” Some irony may be involved.
Come back here for the evidence.
- USA Today — Ferguson violence could be a catalyst for change
- KMOV TV — Viral video shows man stepping in to stop looting
- International Business Times — During Friday Police Standoff, Protesters Try To Stop Looters Entering Stores
- Alex Jones — Ferguson Police Facilitate Looting
- The Daily Resistance — Police Allow Looting But Target Press In Ferguson MO
- Huffington Post — Black Voices: Ferguson Protesters Guard Stores From Looters
On Townhall this weekend, a frank and honest discussion about . . . what’s really behind the problem in Ferguson.
It isn’t race.
Click on over to Townhall for where those on the left (Eric Holder) and right (Bill O’Reailly) go wrong about the blame for the Ferguson debacle. Come back here to load up on information.
- New York Times: U.S. prison population dwarfs that of other nations
- John McWhorter interviewed on Fox Business’s Stossel
- Reason TV: Former NYPD Chief Bernard Kerik Discusses Ferguson, Police Militarization, and Clemency
- Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly is “furious” on The O’Reilly Factor
- Washington Post – Paul Waldman: Why aren’t libertarians talking about Ferguson?
- TIME Magazine – Rand Paul: We Must Demilitarize the Police
- Washington Post – Ilya Somin: Libertarians have been anything but silent about police abuses in Ferguson, Missouri
- Washington Post – Dan Balz: Libertarians make their voices heard on police in Ferguson, Mo.
- Washington Post – David Kopel: Libertarian criticism of police militarization
- Hot Air – Noah Rothman: The left professes ignorance about conservative, libertarian concerns over police militarization
- CNN: Who is Michael Brown?
- USA Today: Timeline of Michael Brown Shooting
- Common Sense – “Absence of Talk”
This weekend at Townhall.com, the problems of relevance that the Republican Party faces, especially vis-à-vis the libertarian wing. Click on over, then come back here:
- “Has the ‘Libertarian Moment’ Finally Arrived?” by Robert Draper, New York Times, August 7, 2014
- Red Eye, Fox News website, starring Greg Gutfeld, Joann Nosuchinsky, and Andy Levy (Levy’s bio has not been adequately updated)
- Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis, by Ludwig von Mises (one of his most famous books)
- A Tiger by the Tail, by F.A. Hayek (a collection of Hayek’s anti-Keynesian writings)