Socialism depends for its increasing support upon widespread ignorance of economic reality. That it keeps creeping back into politics may not seem strange. What may seem strange is that a major business enterprise would also not understand that reality. But that appears to be the case. More at Townhall. And yet more below:
- The company? Panera Bread.
- It’s a franchise operation.
- The Blaze reported on its “Panera Cares” experiment going “belly-up.”
- But for the full comedy, try NPR’s Planet Money podcast.
- For the Pareto-Schmoller tale, you could read Vilfredo Pareto’s Mind and Society. Or just check out this blogpost.
- For why socialism cannot work like socialists say it can work, you might try Ludwig von Mises’ classic Socialism: An Economic and Sociological Analysis. (Pareto wrote a two-volume work of a similar nature, but it has never been translated into English!)