What people get paid in the open market depends upon choices about time and productivity. But not all work takes place in that market. And there’s progress, to boot.
Click on over to Townhall.com, for this weekend’s dose of Common Sense — something rare when it comes to talk about earnings differences between the sexes.
Then come back here for more reading:
- Melinda Gates, “More Time,” 2016 Annual Report of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Wikipedia, “Gender pay gap”
- Steve Tobak, “The Gender Pay Gap Is a Complete Myth,” CBS News
- Conor Doughtery, “Young Women’s Pay Exceeds Male Peers,’” Wall Street Journal
- Department of Education STEM page
- Mark J. Perry, “Male-Female Occupational Death Gap Is 13 to 1,” Carpe Diem
- Simon Baron-Cohen, The Essential Difference: Male and Female Brains and the Truth About Autism, 2004
- Elzabeth Nolan Brown, “North America Has the Smallest Unpaid Labor Gap Between Men and Women Worldwide,” Reason