We like to think we have the facts on our side. When we are confused, or do not know what to do, we seek facts. The Fourth Estate says that it is ideally situated to find those facts for us, and disseminate them.
But, as we all know now, “Fake News” is a real problem. Sometimes untruths are deliberately spread. Other times it is the result of error. But, whether a factoid be true or not, it remains a “meme,” replicable in our many heads often regardless of truth value.
But if you wonder if you are paranoid for thinking that the media’s established fact-checkers are pointing at your head and shooting … memes … well, you aren’t paranoid enough: the government shoots too.
- “The Deep State Exposed,” yesterday’s video on this site
- An image from the Vault7 release
- Politifact on Rand Paul
- Daily Wire summary of fact-checking fails
- NBC gets in on the fake fact check farce
- Washington Examiner: Emily Jachinsky on a literal truth downgraded
- “Effrontery Propaganda” from this very site
- “The Revenge of the Gatekeepers,” more from the same familiar source
- “Fact Checking for Partisan Fun and Profit,” from Yours Truly (again!)