After a year-long battle, congressional Democrats have rammed through Obamacare, a massive expansion of government control over the health care industry and a massive assault on the liberties of every doctor, patient, insurance agent, and taxpayer in the country.
But the issue is far from settled. So, let’s use this lull in the news cycle shelling to pass a little ammunition. Herewith, a first-aid kit for medical freedom-lovers in the form of an overview of resources to help us understand and join the coming battle to repeal Obamacare. And to prevent even worse.
- The Importance of Rights in Health Care (Sam Adams Alliance)
- You Are Not Your Brother’s Health Care Provider (Ayn Rand Center)
- Is Health-Care Reform Constitutional? (Washington Post)
- The Doctors of the House: A Landmark Of Liberal Governance Whose Price Will Be Very Steep (Wall Street Journal)
- Health Care 2020: A Dispatch from the Future on the Effects of Health Care Reform (Reason)
- Repeal: A One-word Agenda for Republicans (Weekly Standard)
- Obamacare Isn’t Inevitable (National Review)
- State AGs Start the Road to Repealing Obamacare (Heritage Foundation)
- Idaho Health Freedom Act (Idaho State Legislature)
- Sen. Inhofe Backs 47-Word Bill To Repeal 2,400-Page Health Care Law (CNSNews)
- Rep. Rogers co-sponsors bill to kill health care law (WSFA 12 News)
- Tea Partiers Vow Revenge Over Health Overhaul (Associated Press)
- Obamacare: The New Battles Ahead (Cato Institute)
- Health Care Rebellion: Lessons from Martin Luther King (American Spectator)
We lost a major battle for medical freedom. But the war is only beginning.
This is Common Sense. I’m Paul Jacob.