It’s an old trick: make the exception clauses completely transform the principles involved.
In Colorado, a politician is trying mightily to transform the nature of citizen involvement in state government. She thinks she’s an angel, of course. But if you think of her as a devil, I’d completely understand.
- Lois Court: Homepage
- Lois Court’s House Concurrent Resolution 14-1002
- CBS News (Denver): “Colorado Lawmaker Feels It Should Be Harder To Change The Constitution”
- Lois Court’s House Bill 1326
- Paul Jacob at Townhall: “With the Boss, but without the First Amendment”
- Justice Stevens in the Washington Post: “The five extra words that can fix the Second Amendment”
- Estes Park Trail Gazette: “Citizen initiative rights dead”
- Paul Jacob at Townhall: “Their Right to Your Money”
For other recent Common Sense columns on Townhall, you can view them on this site, as well as on Townhall.com itself: click here for the index.