The American people are stuck. Trapped. Bogged down by too much government — or, in some cases, the wrong kind of government. When’s a good time to contemplate getting unstuck? Every day. But take the occasion on the weeks of Independence Day.
Getting unstuck surely should be a business for which Americans show a special talent.
Click on over to Townhall to consider today’s sticky, stuck America, and the possibility of Independence from what’s got us stuck. And then, hey, come back here. You may want to read more:
- FairVote, mentioned in relation to Krist Novoselic and Paul Jacob
- Citizens in Charge, Paul Jacob’s group to protect and extend initiative rights (mentioned in Unstoppable, by Ralph Nader)
- The Declaration of Independence
- Bland Ambition, by Steve Tally (a fun book on the vice presidents)
- The Foundation of Morality, Henry Hazlitt (about the ethics of co-operation, incorporating ideas from Herbert Spencer and Ludwig von Mises)