From his raised platform at the convention, Donald J. Trump made some things perfectly clear. Unfortunately, it was not what he plans on actually doing as president, even on security, which he pushed to a Lord of the Rings level of dark horror and dire importance. Big on promises, short on specifics. “Trust me.”
Click on over to the Townhall website for this weekend’s foray into long form Common Sense. Come back here for a little more reading:
- Washington Post: Donald Trump’s convention speech was the most negative in over 40 years
- Vox: Nixon’s RNC speech in 1968 was scary. Trump’s was scarier.
- Politico: Full Transcript of Donald Trump’s Acceptance Speech
- NPR: Transcript of Donald Trump’s Convention Speech (with comments)
- Los Angeles Times: Transcript of Donald Trump’s Convention Speech (with comments)
- Wall Street Journal: Donald Trump Announces for President (2015)